From: owner-alfa@domain.elided [mailto:owner-alfa@domain.elided] On Behalf Of
McCarty, Richard
Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2003 2:55 PM
To: 'alfa-digest@domain.elided'
Subject: RE: '93 Spider Veloce vs. '71 Euro GTV?

Hello all-

>>That said, I've got a '71 GTV and it is orders of magnitude better
>>than a '93 Spider.  Only a fool or a poseur would take a Spider over a

GTV!
>> But that's just my personal opinion...

Not only will I second that notion, but I would personally be very, very
wary of the motives of a person would trade a drop-dead gorgeous all-out
driving machine for a later, more placid and average car, but then
again,
I'm a little biased....

On the more serious side, a GTV has pretty long list of ergonomic faults
that fanatics like myself happily overlook. For example, the
non-extensible
stock shoulder belt doesn't allow me to reach the driver side window
crank
when I'm fully fastened into the car. Fifth gear is more of a finger-tip
operation also. The wipers barely work, my right knee get tired after
about
half-hour of highway driving ( a silly place for the car anyway ), the
interior light only works intermittently, the wing windows whistle at
speed,
etc, etc. But who cares ? There's barely time to examine the interior
anyway, as the exterior is usually sliding by at a clip requiring near
constant attention....

If you're used to a 90s spider, you may have a hard time adjusting to
the
comparatively bare-bones GTV, although the real Mahogany veneer is a
classy
touch.

As our friend John H. says,
"Enjoy yours"

Rich M
72 GTV

PS, there's another reason for the vast superiority of the GTVs: Spica,
Spica, Spica !