eBay Berlina

Aha.. Jeff beat me to it on posting..

I got to see it this weekend as well. It is in pretty good shape. The dash has very tiny cracks near the vents, unlike the usual full height crack.

I noticed the non stock reupholstery, door panels are also done in matching black, (s/b tan!) and also not standard. Has a little plaque mentioning the BC and Seattle Alfa Clubs and or an event, (1980's?) on the dash.

I found a few more rust spots, there are pretty good holes in both footwells, as well as some rear door bubbling, a touch around the hood, but otherwise pretty clean.

Yep, a Stage one sticker, wish I wrote down the number, it could be tracked to see how long back it was. (assuming one could get SVW to answer the phone) The owner said the engine was "done about a year ago?" though the sticker looked older. He also said it was a friend's, got the impression the friend had set up the engine, and he got it from the friend in '95? (not certain I understood this)

Engine didn't blow smoke after a long deaccel. It does have Webers, and supposedly has hotter cams, though he has no idea exactly what. It dosen't seem that "cammy"..

I was expecting more power, even from a stock motor.. so it probably needs some tuning. (Caveat being it's been a LONG time since I drove a 1750, hell I haven't drove our Spider for 4 months now!) Ran well, otherwise. Loud exhaust, made out of at least one glasspack. Had a few clunks and noises when braking, and didn't brake all that straight.. so probably some suspension and brake bugs to work out.

I tried feeling out how much he knew about the relative value of Berlinas, and Alfa's in general.. he seems to think since Berlinas are scarcer, they are worth more. He wanted to get me to make an offer, but I held back, since I have no room for another, am spending all my money on our current project.

It did look nice, just like my very first Alfa, which was also a white Berlina.. Now, if only I had a 3 car garage...

PS, one strange thing.. on the top of the trunk lid, there was a Alfa emblem. I did not have a badge there on my '69, only on the front grille. A variation, or a later addition by somebody? Or do later 2L Berlina trunk lids fit the earlier cars?

Jon and Marcia (hey, she even admitted liking it despite it's lack of a ragtop)
77 Spider