74 Spider Engine Removal Help - Tie Bar

Most prefer, as Jeff Greenfield suggests, to drop one end of the center
drag link / tie rod.

It seems most tie rods I find are bent (I'm gonna get that engine out of
here one way or another!) so I loosen the end nuts (believe a 22 mm
wrench - and remember one's clockwise undo and the other counter), clean
everything up a bit so that a spot of white-out will stick on one edge
and simply unscrew it counting revolutions. I invariably get right
around 19 & 1/4 turns. If you're going to move the car around, you'll
need to screw it back on - but now that it's nice and clean (and
straight) it'll screw on and off quite easily.

Yeah, you should have the front realigned, but if you're careful and
watch tire wear, bet you won't feel or notice anything different,
suspension wise, once all is back together.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA