Re: Oops, and an apology

adoherty@domain.elided wrote:

After receiving two "what is your problem" posts regarding the link I had sent a few days ago, I went back and looked at the link again. It seems that the kids with the original link content got non-plussed about the traffic their site received, and replaced it with a rather terse message.... Sorry about forwarding that link, that terse message was NOT what I intended anyone to see.
What jackasses. What is the point of putting something on the web, if you don't want people to see it? If they only wanted to share it with friends they should have password protected it.

Plus if they'd just removed the content, no bandwidth would be wasted... instead of the 27KB used for that stupid message.

A few years ago I'd have made it a point to show them what wasting bandwidth really means.

--Mark
The Alfa Wiki: http://alfa.denovich.org