RE : 1974 gtv door gasket

>>I got one for the drivers door of my GTV from ReOriginals
>>since they seem to have the thinnest gaskets around.  And
>>they seem to be bigger than the door opening as well even
>>though they are molded.

one of mine was actually too short, and needed stretching to
fit all the way around.

>>WD40 helps getting the gasket into the channel since it is a
>>very tight fit.

mine fit right in with gentle persuasion with a flat blade
screwdriver, using the factory original gasket channels that
were sandblasted and repainted.  it seems that your results
may vary . . .

let me add that my doors would not even think of closing with
the gaskets dry.  so i spread silicone grease over the installed
gaskets.  then the doors would at least close by slamming.
now 9 months later, the doors sit  almost flush with the body
and only require a firm closing.

- dion fields
- 73 gtv
- los angeles