Dead Motronic Spider -- running again

Hi Guys,

I posted an email on 4-23 about a friend's dead '90 motronic spider.
The car had a non-operating fuel pump and no spark.

The problem turned out to be a $9 relay with an open coil. I still don't
know
what that relay does, but it's the relay closest to the ECU and seems to
provide
power to the ECU and/or the adjacent relays including the fuel pump relay.

Special thanks to (Cordova) Ralph Fetsch, Eric Storhok, and Kelly McCrystle
who provided troubleshooting guides or suggested that the problem was the
rpm
sensor or ECU.

Thanks again to all that replied,

Rich Hirsch