In Italy With a new 147 GTA

Hi guys!

I'm e-mailing you from the bar of the Mirage Hotel in
Firenze (Florence). Yesterday, I picked-up a brand new
Alfa Romeo 147 GTA from, of all places, the Gianini
Autombile Works in Rome. I immediatly headed north the
Maranello to catch a Ferrari Factory tour before they
left for the May Day holiday. The GTA is fabulous! Its
o-my-god fast and handles like a rally car. It has
1.25 turns lock-to-lock on the steering, and turn-in
is fantastic. It also understeers a lot less than the
Europress has indicated in various reviews (IMHO, of
course.). Anyway, EVERYWHERE I've been, even jadded
Maranello, the cart has drawn a crowd. Today, in a
small town outside of Bologna, we showed the car to
some local guys on the street of whom we had asked
some directions. They cam running from everywhere to
get a better look.

Anyway, its the Stibbert Museum in Florence tomorrow,
then its off to Sicily for a drive on the Targar
Florion circuit.

I'll write again when I fin another internet port.

Ciao, for now

George Graves
On vacation in Italy!