RE: Fouled plug, injector problem - exhaust manifold crack?

Jeff,

I swapped plug wires between #3 and #4. I also inspected and cleaned the distributor cap. So far nothing has changed. The cap doesn't look damaged, at least not to my untrained eye.

Here's the explanation for the two head rebuilds. When I bought the car I knew that it had a bad head gasket. One of the first things I did was take it to my then-mechanic to have the work done. Over the following year or so various "occurrences" with both of my Alfas led me to leave that mechanic. One of those occurrences was the return of the dreaded milkshake in my radiator. I found a new mechanic who pulled the head and informed me that the head work was done improperly and that the head had been ruined by the previous mechanic. My new mechanic did the rebuild again and I took the car home running better than it ever had. If there's a clue in there about my current problem, let me know.

I'm awaiting the arrival of a replacement manifold and gaskets tomorrow. Once I install it I will continue with the #4 problem.

Thanks again. I appreciate your thoughts.

-Robert