Another tribute to Fred

All -
Having received my May 'Iniezione' today from the NorthWest Alfa Romeo Club,
and quickly obtaining the author's permission, I would like to share with
you all what Fred's fellow AROO Tech Advisor and Spica guru, Wes Ingram, had
to say about Fred.

"Within the Alfa club, Fred was bigger than life.  He was always in the
middle of everything Alfa, be it politics, technical or social.  He was also
a track junkie.  It would be difficult to imagine anyone who knew Fred well
not to be in disagreement with him on at least one Alfa-related issue.  He
could stir the pot faster than anyone but you had to love and respect him.
He was, after all, our most senior Alfa Master Guru.
My greatest memory of Fred was at the National Convention at Copper
Mountain, Colorado.  I was wrapping up one of my Spica technical
presentations and noticed Fred at the back of the room.  Fred was always
there no matter where the Convention was held, and he always volunteered his
ideas freely.  He was a superb gearhead and had the air of a surgeon.
I noticed his outfit and stopped my presentation to ask him about it.  The
room went silent and all eyes turned to back of the room where Fred stood
wearing a very unique leisure outfit in blue with the Spica script on the
top.  Fred had recently acquired the suit on a visit to Italy.  I must have
looked stunned by the rarity of the garment and how appropriate it blended
into the session.
He then blurted out that it was more appropriate for me to have it and he
proceeded to take it off in front of everyone.  With the pants down to his
ankles, I stopped him realizing that he was very serious and I would soon be
the new owner of the suit and he would be standing there in his shorts.  I
was able to convince him to go to his room and change which he did on the
spot.  He returned to the meeting and presented the outfit to me in front of
the crowd.
Rita and I often shared a few precious social moments at the Conventions
with Fred and Anna.  They were inseparable and Fred was so sweet and caring
of her during her final years on earth.
It seemed inevitable that Fred wouldn't stick around too long after Anna's
death in spite of his tremendous energy and his zest for life.
To know him was to love him.

Submitted by Gordy Hyde
NWARC
Seattle