Garage floors

About applying epoxy to a garage floor, Dave J. said -

"Now the caveats.  It is vital to prepare the surface very thoroughly
before putting the stuff on...

(insert elaborate cleansing ritual here)

"...Well that is probably more than you wanted to know, but let me know
if you have any questions!"

All of a sudden linoleum just looks better and better! Now, I do like
the idea of those interlocking plastic mats, but that looks like it'd be
easy to lose the little bitty nuts and washers I'm always dropping, and
if (no, make that WHEN) I spilled something nasty and goopy the mats
would really complicate cleanup.

Of course in my current income-free state I'm still doing bare concrete,
plus some large sheets of corrugated if I really have to crawl around,
but I have Aspirations - not quite to the Griot's level, but nicer'n
what I have. I know real linoleum is pretty expensive, but it's tough as
hell and comes in a good range of colors. Having a friend who's an
architect helps a bit, too...

Will Owen
pipedreaming in Pasadena