bought: another alfa...

Kind Alfisti,

Well, I've just bought my first 'another': a 1973 GTV 2000, in midnight blue. It's a resto project -- the brake callipers and master cylinder are in the trunk, so I'll need to flatbed it back to my workshop -- but apart from that, it's straight, complete and original -- good glass, good brightwork, complete interior and trim, and really minimal rust.

I was simply picking up some parts for my current car at a place up the Kapiti coast (Wreck-King in Paraparaumu, for NZ locals), and it was sitting there, really too good to let get past.  It had been in someone's shed for the last ten years as an intended restoration project that had never been started.  Keith (proprietor and local Alfista) had bought it in order to "find it a good home, with someone who'll look after it".

I've been looking at Bertone GTVs for a while now, but all of the ones for sale seem to have been either butchered or basket cases.  I gather the people with good ones hang onto them.  Fair enough.  I can't see myself ever selling this one.

Really looking forward to getting it into my workshop to start work.

Sorry, quite excited.
I'm like a kid with a new toy.
Wait, I *am* a kid with a new toy.

kind regards,