Fred's Passing

Friends:

I've been a bit out of touch and just found out that Fred DiMatteo died the same day I was attending my daughter's wedding.  That makes the day one of mixed memories.  I must remember to concentrate on the great joy I had it giving my daughter to an honest and decent man and on the good memories I have of Fred.

Some of you will know that Fred and I had our differences...at times pretty intense.  But we both decided that the respect we had developed for each other was far more important than our differences.  It was a the convention at Copper Mountain, Colorado, that Skip Jones orchestrated us being together for dinner.  It didn't take long for us to put the differences aside and restore our friendship.  Thank you Skippy.

We have lost an incredible resource and another good friend.  First Pat, then Lorna, now Fred.  Makes me sad.

God speed Fred...I certainly hope there are TZs in heaven.

Mike from Mississippi and Virginia