Milano torsion bar adjustment, stuck lower control arm

Hey guys, I'm trying to lower the front of my Milano, and am not sure how to disconnect the lower control arm from the steering knuckle/wheel assembly, or if that even needs to be done. The workshop manual says to remove it, but the instructions I've found on the internet do not mention disconnecting it.

Does anyone know if this is required, and if so how. I was worried that prying it apart w/a screwdriver might mess things up, or that I might not be able to get it reseated.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Derek