Re[2]: -- non-working electrics the next day

 > Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 10:58:19 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Richard Welty <rwelty@domain.elided>
> Subject: Re[2]: -- non-working electrics the next day
>
> On Fri, 25 Apr 2003 10:14:10 -0400 (EDT) Richard Bies <bies@domain.elided> wrote:
>
> > Watch for the stoplights staying on.  They run-down the battery in fairly
> > short order.  The switches can come mis-adjusted.
>
> my 164 started doing this. took me a day to figure out that was what was
> going on. 2 minutes of fiddling with the switch down by the brake pedal and
> the problem cleared up.

The sheet-metal bracket that holds the brake lamp switches hangs down too low.
If you have big feet, it's easy to snag with the toe of your boot.  The bracket
bends backwards, the switches are moved away from the pedals, and taillamps
turn on.

-Tom
thomasw@domain.elided