V6 into Alfettas

Many of us have seen Randy Johnson's French blue Alfetta GT in which he's
installed a 4 cam 3 liter V6.  Its sound is on the AROO website; if you
haven't heard it, go listen.  It's the most wonderful scream since Columbo V12
Ferrari drivers cared more about going fast than they did about the cost of a
dropped valve.  Here, I do not mention Randy's launch at last month's track
day, 50 feet and the clutch blew all OVER the track.  First time I have
personally seen why a scatter shield is a good idea, although an Alfetta
threatens only the nonexistent passengers behind the back seat.

There is, or was, also a Sport Sedan with a Verde motor running around
Portland.  I saw it only a couple of times; it was silver, lowered, with Verde
seats and was probably the most desirable 4 door Alfa I'll ever covet.
Richard is right, the Alfetta Berlinettas are severely underappreciated.

So the V6 to Alfetta upgrade certainly has been done.  It's a lot easier than
many engine swaps, but still not a cake walk, esp. the electronic stuff on the
later cars.  Given the chance and the Sport Sedan, I'd do in in a wink.

Joe
105 guy
Portland, OR