RE: Spider top installation...

Brad:
I did this install last spring.  I bought the top from Centerline and it
came with a photocopy of the factory manual.  The manual takes you
through step by step with reasonable pictures.  It took me about 6 hours
to complete the job.  However, the studs holding it to the rear bulkhead
were NOT rusted, a common time killer.  I had soaked them the previous
night in penetrating oil and the nuts came right off with my Dewalt
drill.

A strong portable drill and a good rivet gun with stainless rivets are
good to have.  You will need some Weldwood contact cement too.  I would
say the job is medium complicated for most mechanical people.  Really
tedious though.  Getting it tight over the front bow is critical.

Best of luck,
RAA
'73 Spider
'87 300SDL