In-tank fuel pump question

Hi all-

I think I've finally uncovered the underlying problem that caused my
fuel pump to go out. There is a little piece of hose that connects the
outlet of the in tank fuel pump to the fuel pickup tube. The hose is
about 1.25" long, and goes from what looks like 12mm inside diameter on
the fuel pickup to 10mm ID on the fuel pump. Anyway, mine is split wide
open, which likely caused fuel starvation and killed the main pump.
Anybody run into this before? Where can I pick up a replacement, or is
there a suitable workaround?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Jason Arrington
'87 Spider Quad