More on Fred

I never met Fred, I only knew him from his wise, yet gruff, postings here (and the negative reactions by many newbies or those seeking repair shortcuts). 2 things come to mind when hearing of his passing:

- It reminded me that we often don't give time or credit to our elders like many "less developed" cultures. He was wise and knowledgeable about Alfas beyond what many of us will ever attain. He has made a lasting impression on me to appreciate wise folks like himself.

- What's with the gyrocopter? Can someone give us a history of his project? I remember him posting a few tidbits here, but never really understood if he went anywhere with it (pun intended).

Karl