Re: alfa-digest V9 #445

>        While I guessed correctly, I was still wrong.  I have not seen a
> clutch fail where yours did - that is between the springs and the clutch
> lining material.

I have seen this happen to Giulietta with a hot 1750, but still using the
1300/1600 style clutch.  It was at the track, and happened during an
upshift.  The owner was not abusing the car, but was driving quite quickly.
Chauk it up to too much HP going through a small clutch disc.  The piece
that actually broke was the spider that acts upon the springs.  The clutch
would not fully release because a piece of the spider became lodged between
the pressure plate and the disc.  I replaced the disc, and all is well.
Nick
Centerline Products
888-750-ALFA