LJet Fuse values

All,

<vale Fred>

Never met him, never had the opportunity to use his help directly, but read
a lot of his posts to the digests when learning about how to work on my
Alfa.

I very much appreciated his contribution to the Alfa community, both in
terms of specific troubleshooting tips etc, but also in terms of his
general, methodical approach to solving a problem.

</vale Fred>

Was sorting through my new-to-me Alfa 90 over the weekend and have a couple
of questions about some fuse values that the workshop manual can't help me
with. Both of these are free fuses (i.e. not part of the main fuse box, and
the circuit diagrams don't show a rated value).

1. There is a fuse mounted on the relay block on the LHS inner guard/fender.
According to my wiring diagrams, it's factory, and protects the main
unswitched supply to the double relay set. My previous car had a 20A fuse,
my current one has 15A. Any clues about what it should be? This fuse is not
shown in the Milano diagrams I have.

2. There is an inline fuse holder protruding out of the main loom for the
ECU just before it enters the plug into the ECU. It connects two white
wires, and the wiring diagrams for my 90 show it as connecting pin 2 on the
Throttle Position Switch (idle), with Pin 2 on the ECU. The fuse holder is
of Italian make, and the loom splicing appears factory. Bot of my cars have
had this fuse holder, and neither has actually had a fuse in the holder.
Again, not shown in the Milano diagrams that I have. I'm guessing something
small, since it's just carrying a signal.

Thanks,

Tony

1985 Alfa 90 2.5i
--
Tony Lupton                    *     ReTech Global Pty Ltd
Release Manager             *    *   23 Hi-Tech Court
tlupton@domain.elided       *     8 Mile Plains Qld 4113
Phone: +61 7 3340 2664               Australia
Fax:   +61 7 3340 3550        *      www.retechglobal.com
Mob:   +61 413 208 743
This email and any attached files are
* confidential and intended solely for the use of the intended recipient
* subject to copyright and the Privacy Act (Cth)
* not intended to create legally binding relations until contracts on
acceptable terms have been signed by all parties.
Any confidentiality or privilege is not lost or waived because of any error
in sending this email to you. If you have received this email in error,
please advise by return email, delete it from your system and destroy any
copies.
Our company is not responsible for any viruses or harmful programs passed on
down via email. You should have installed, up to date virus scanning
software.

The views expressed in this email are those of the sender and should not
necessarily be taken as those of the company.