(O/T) Importing Vehicle into Australia

Hi all, excuse the slightly OT post but it is for an Alfa, hopefully a
750/101 Giulietta

If anyone has experience in importing a car into Australia for private use,
I'd appreciate some advice off list.
I'm after info on Private Vs Broker, recommendations on brokers, pitfalls in
doing it yourself or via a broker, etc etc.

Both private and commercial respondents are welcome to reply.  My email
address is below.  I've added blank spaces in an attempt to bypass Yahoo
security !

TIA

Paul ' Beatle' bayly
Katherine NT
Australia

(08) 8972 1515 (H)
(08) 8973 7649 (W)

t h e b a y l y s @ b i g p o n d . c o m . a u

[demime 0.99c.7 removed an attachment of type image/gif]