RE: Which Spider? (was Alfas and College students)/ "Chipping" an L-J et

FWIW, according to the Kartalamkis book, the biggest problem with the Bosch
Spiders is the single throttle body.  He recommends a multi-port butterfly
replacement or taking a Spica manifold and machining the injector ports to
take the Bosch injectors.   There are also upgrades to do with replacing the
AFM, modifying the AFM, replacing the injectors (email directly and I'll
return a PDF with all the Bosch injectors made with flow rates and
impedances).   You can also play with an adjustable FPR or a rising rate FPR
to change the fuel delivery as airflow increases.

There are things to do to an L-Jet Milano or Spider short of replacing the
box.   There is also ample information about the L-Jet ECU on the web where
one could experiment with alterations by replacing resistors etc.

see: http://users.exis.net/~audserv/Injection.html

Finally, there are 2 modified ECU's I know of for the V6.   Maybe the
developers of these have similar mods for a Spider box, or at least can
translate what they learned to a Spider box.   Fred DiMatteo has developed
one and so has Tom Zat.

There are things you can do that aren't plug and play but at least there are
options.

-Peter