V6 Belt tensioner

I've just re timed the cams on my 164L for the third time in two months.  I have the mechanical tensioner and have become expert in adjusting per the Alfapro tech bulletin.  Question is - is this a fool's errand?

I read several posts in the archive and this seems to be the prevailing opinion.

The hydraulic tensioners worked albeit with the nuisance of the oil leak sometimes
The factory mechanical tensioner seems very unreliable.

Replacement options:

The mechanical tensioner from ZAT
The hydraulic tensioner sans oil feed locked in position
Any other?

Thanks for your input.

Don