RE: rwd F1 cars & traction

> >Something like a 75
> >with plenty of weight over the driven wheels (from the gearbox) has a
> >similar
> >advantage, but not as great
> it is clear that Keith has never driven a Milano in the snow,
> or perhaps,
> even the wet!
> they are damn near undriveable w/out the help of snow tires.

My first Verde was frightening in the snow.  This was with the stock
Michelin tires.  I remember being shocked, as I had memories of Alfetta
Sedans being great handling cars in the snow.

I took it to get all season tires, and when I got there I could not
drive it across the lot - the rear end kept going sideways in 1/4" of
snow, and the tire guy came out and helped guide the car across the
parking lot.

He shook his head, and told me that *no* tires would fix that problem.

A decent set of M&S tires transformed the car into one of the better
handling winter cars I've driven.

So, I believe the basic platform is well suited for driving in the snow,
but the tires make a huge difference.

My current winter driver, Dodge 4x4, does great in the snow, and I don't
worry (or care) about rust..

bs