Spider suspension

One other alternatives to the handling problem on the spider is worn our bushings. Based on what I've heard about the front lower bushings, this is quite rare, however...

On my GTV, all of the front suspension bushings were completely worn out, and when I started to disassemble the lower a-arm, I was surprised how loose it was. Those would allow my front suspension to move in a manner which would let the front tires roll over (even have a picture of it...).

The other parts could be the bushings in the rear, especially the trunion arm bushing. If its loose enough to let the axle move around, it will give you odd handling characteristics.

My GTV now has W&D springs, high performance front sway bar, and Koni's. And while the car is really nice autocrossing and on the track, I'd much rather have it stock to drive it every day. Especially in Michigan where the roads are pretty bad...

Eric Storhok
Ann Arbor, MI

AROC Detroit Homepage: http://www-personal.umich.edu/~alfa/index.htm