Re: K&N filter

On Thu, 17 Apr 2003, Peter Webb wrote:

> I have a K&N filter on my Verde in the stock air box.   I have the dreaded
> state emissions test coming up next month.  Is there any special procedure
> to clean it or is it as simple as wash it in the kitchen sink?   The filter
> came on the car and I have always had stock filters on my Milanos.

One nice thing about K&N -- go to your nearest AutoZone or other car parts
place that sells K&N stuff. Pickup a "recharger" - it's a box with a
cleaner used to clean it and some oil to spray after. Follow the included
instructions. I did mine in the driveway with a waterhose [on a previous
truck, haven't needed to clean the K&Ns in my spider yet].