RE: '85 Graduate, NO F.I. power

EFI no start:

Its been a long time since Ive had to trouble shoot this problem so Im
working from memory, at least its a place to start.

There is residual fuel pressure in the fuel rail so the car will start on
cranking.
I recall that the fuel pump is turned on through the air flow meter (ambient
air temp sensor is part of this circuit) on start-up. The ambient air temp
sensor is located in the air flow meter and is a non-serviceable item. If
this
is your problem (I believe it is) then you need a new air flow meter and
considering that your car is 18 years old I would suggest that this is the
problem. I had the same problem in an 87 Milano I owned.

The details of the circuitry and diagnostic procedures are covered in the
Alfa
service manual for the Bosch L-Jet thats used on this model.

Regards,
Roger