Berlina cracked windshields

I had two maroon 74 Berlinas in a row with cracks in the pass. side of the
windshield.  And as has been mentioned, there have been several others
lately.  It's pretty common.  Besides Damian's car, the one I just saw in
Virginia last week had a crack too.

I think it's a problem centered on the glued-windshield cars (72 and later
US cars only).  My guess is that the gluing bonds the glass too firmly to
the body, and so body flex is transferred to the glass, which won't flex
much, and cracks.  My related guess is that on gasketed windshield cars, the
gasket has enough give in it to insulate the glass from the flexing.  Does
this happen on glued-glass GTVs too?  If not, maybe they don't flex as much.
Just my guesses as a non-engineer.

Andrew Watry