86 spider ..Exhaust and suspension

Hello again.. and thanks to MS for his input....

I'm not sure if 86 spiders had a turned down tailpipe, if so mine is not
stock...  I'd hate to be rid of my pretty stainless tip, but if I have to
choose between slow death and cute looks... I believe I'll choose life...
What was the stock configuation?

Also, I currently have Yoko AVSI 205x60x14's... Centerline yellow sport
springs and KYB gas sport shocks...  I find that the car seems to collapse
on itself in tight turns, the front wheels turning under (it feels that way
at least) and the rear trying to brake loose.. Not a very comfortable
situation...

I've owned Alfas before.. I had a 64 sprint and an earlier spider, but I
also owned many British cars, MGA/B's, Healey 3000's, TR-3, Bug-eyed
Sprites and although overall I prefer the Alfas, I unable to drive them
though corners in a controlled skid as I did the Brits... Talk about a grin
on the drivers face..  The Brits were very controllable even when their
rear wheels had appeared to have lost traction..

The question is...  Should I move closer to a stock suspension, or can I
improve the current one without losing some of the benefits derived from
the newer components?  I'm about to buy new tires, this is the time to make
a decision...

Many Thanks
Gabriel