RE: Milano Cranks but no start - RESOLVED!

Thanks to all who sent in suggestions.

After exhausted all the options (and yes I did follow
the workshop manual's troubleshooting chart to ensure
everything's in proper condition), I gave it a very
last resort... keep cranking it and started "modulate"
gas pedal ( I know.. i know..) and there's signs of
starting, after about 30 seconds or so, it fired up!
Puffing out a cloud of white smoke while smoothing out
as if running from 4 cylinders to full 6 cylinders!

Took it around the block, shut down, restart, no problem!

So... I am still puzzled why it behaved that way. I can
only guess that maybe there were some air that got into
the fuel line during fuel pump install? On the other hand
I got the plugs flooded with gas after unsuccess cranking..
so some gas got there some how..?

Anyway, the Verde is singing and I am happy :)

Jess Liao
88 Verde
95 LS