Re: V-6 Timing Belt Burning Smell

All:

Not sure who started this thread; but as I recall, (and it has been a long time) I had a Milano and its alternator belt or the air conditioning belt would rub on the timing belt cover at high revs. Clearance was tight and once the cover wore down, the smell went away. Check for tell tale marks on the cover and tight clearances with the belt. Also, make sure the accessories are tight so they don't move.

Best Wishes,
Bernie Bennett
Brenham, TX