RE: Mid-life crisis True Alfa Story

My true Alfa story:

I too was going through the classic
"I'm-getting-old-and-I-havn't-had-enough-fun-but-getting-a-girl-on-the-side-is-really-further-than-I-want-to-go"
mid-life crisis.  It's a universal tale friends.

Like your buddy, I too was looking at Porsches --
known to my wife as the "P" word.  Yet one day
flipping through an Auto Trader looking for P cars,
she looked over and said "what about 'that'?" and
pointed to an Alfa Spider.

I always thought they looked great, but my impression
of Alfa's had been tainted by the early 90's Car and
Driver article that placed the Spider behind a Capri
roadster and three others including the new Miata.

That was hard to shake, but I got online, found a few
websites, found you Alifsti people, learned the
history, got on the digest, called the Louisville and
Cincy clubs, talked to some local owners and was
hooked.

The first Spider I found was sold to someone else as I
drove to make the deal.  But I found a nice '88 in
North Carolina with 35k and we've been in love ever
since.

My wife stayed too.

Porsche?  BMW?  They're nice, but tell your buddy
they're too common, no panache.  Of course if he's a
minivan guy, it may be too late.

'63 Tim Campbell
'88 Spider Veloce
Lexington, KY