Spider Shifter Boot

Hello All,

I'm in the process of installing a new leather shifter
boot that I got from IAP in my '88 Spider Graduate. I
got the old one off and I think I mounted the new one
to the little frame o.k....now I cannot seem to get it
back in the car properly...I've been pushing and
prying on the thing but it will not seat
properly...I'm not really sure how it is supposed to
stay in place (friction???? The bottom goes in o.k.
it's just the top of it that is the problem). Anyone
have any advise on the subject before I ruin the new
boot.

Thanks,
Brad Howard
'88 Spider Graduate