GTV wipers

Richard,
    I can confirm for you that the '74 GTV does have 2-speed wipers,
with automatic parking.  Mine were all screwed up by a previous owner,
and I had to gain an understanding of the system before fixing it.  The
park feature simply contains an always-hot (12V) lead to the wiper
motor.  This lead connects to a contact in the motor (like a cam) which
runs the motor until it gets to the bottom position (when the cam breaks
the contact).  This part is pretty simple both mechanically and
electrically.  So if you've got a wire up to the motor which is always
hot, that's what it's for.
    I don't want to try explaining the 2-speed wiring, since my wiring
diagram is at home (I'm at the office now), and my memory isn't that
accurate (it's been a while).

Jeff Matson
Harvard, MA
'74 GTV 2000