How to remove alternator in Milano

I bought a new alternator and after I finally was able to loosen that last big bolt at the bottom I thought I was home free. But noooooo. The bolt is so long that it contacts the chassis in front of it before it has cleared the alternator, so I'm stuck. I can't really figure out how to remove this thing without removing the braket it threads through which is attached to the engine or oil pan. The bracket is held on by three bolts, two of which I can't seem to reach from under the car..

Any ideas on how I'm supposed to get this bloody thing out. Man I thought this was going to be an easy job!

Derek