71 Berlina back on the road :-)

My engine swap in my 71 Berlina I discussed last fall/early winter on the
list has been mostly completed and I had it out on the road today.  I
swapped out an injected 1750 with a tired bottom end out for a used but
fresh 2 liter with high compression pistons.  The 2 liter came with a set of
Del'Ortos and I had those installed with a euro style airbox.  I also used
an electric cooling fan.  I also had installed 10548 euro cams. The job was
mostly a checkbook mechanic job with Ray Segale of Seattle and Hailey, ID
doing the work.  He got it all together yesterday before having to run back
to Seattle for a few days.  The carbs are not fully adjusted and there may
be a fuel supply or vapor lock issues as the fuel pump was not fully sorted
out yet.  Oh, and the hood is not on.  However, can you say SMILES!?  The
sound, throttle response and drive is just too much fun.  I am going to park
it again until it is sorted the rest of the way out, but I couldn't resist
when I saw it back in the driveway.

Have a great weekend!

--

Steve Thompson