Re: V6 cam timing

> Does anyone have any experience with the TDC mark on

> the V6 crank pulley; specifically its accuracy?

yes. on my 2.5L TDC is after the pulley mark by 1/2 to
1 times the spacing between the TDC mark and the
timing mark. i used a dial indicator on the #1 piston
and added a new mark to the crank pulley.

> Does anyone know if it is possible to have
> the cams timed off a notch in either direction with
> respect to true TDC without destroying the valve
> train?

one notch won't kill you.

regards,
-ethan schartman
-princeton, NJ
-'87 milano gold (w/ scars from wandering cam timing)
http://tax.yahoo.com