Shocking

    I've found the stock shocks to do a fine job, even with stiffer
springs on 115 cars.
    Over the years I've tried several kinds and even still have some of
the different types to compare them.

    On the workbench...
        the stock shocks seem to have little resistance to compression
and modest resistance to extension. less resistance to extension than
the after market shocks.
        The koni reds have resistance to both compression and rebound -
thereby to some degree affecting spring rate. They seem ok for the
front, but I don't like them for the rear.
        The koni yellow "sports"  have little resistance to compression
- as with the stock shocks. They have a wider range of adjustment than
the Koni reds but the softest setting seems similar. there is no knob on
the side of my "yellows", they adjust conventionally.

    One of the cars i bought had monroe gas shocks in the back - raised
the car an inch completely eliminated any type of road feel. VERY weird.

    In short - I prefer shocks that don't affect the spring rate.... for
me this eliminates the koni reds and any gas shock.
    The stock shocks (working) work great even with a stiffer (street)
springs.
    The rears are set up to be fairly soft on my cars.

--
Norm Riffle
Its-A-Grind.com