Re[2]: milano verde or 164s

In a message dated 4/10/2003 9:09:20 AM Central Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> on the other hand, there are fundamental issues with vehicle dynamics and
> tire contact patches that give RWD some distinct technical advantages over
> FWD on dry pavement.

You can't change the laws of physics, Captain!
Still, the above statement is only valid when preceded by "With all things
being equal ..."   Which, of course, they never are.

The wonder of it all is that you can have lots of fun either way!
Build a Civic that runs the quarter in the 10's.  Blast a Milano around a
road course.   Hang a heavy flat 6 out BEHIND the rear axle and make the car
still handle. Whatever floats your boat.

Alfa content:  Has anyone logged significant track laps with a 164?  How do
the brakes hold up?  That would be my biggest concern.

-mike mcmahon
86 graduate
94 164LS