Re: Re: Why do we bother?

At Tue, 8 Apr 2003 13:07:47 EDT Tim Timko wrote:
>Ok Folks!!  Here's our chance to redeem ourselves. Lets get this poor man all
>the info that we can. One thing I hate worse than Insurance companies taking
>forever, is insurance companies that screw you over the value of your car.
>We'll need some pictures to verify that it was almost worth $10,000 before it
>was hit. :-)  Right folks?

Being eBay a legal media for buying & selling stuff, I'd suggest putting
the car on ebay. Maybe have somebody doing it for you,so you can justify
the fact you are selling it AFTER the crash, but still in ok conditions,
make it appear as you paid him to put your car on ebay (setting up a nice
HTML) BEFORE the crash, and that you forgot/couldn't to stop him.
Then we digesters should start bidding till we reach 10,000 USD.
Once one of us wins (maybe let a friend of yours winning, use reserve price
or buy it now options), YOU can suspend the deal. There are some ways (Ask
ebay customer service) for quitting an auction (if you are the seller).
Happened to me once: I was winning an auction when the seller quit it all:
the reason was the item got damaged while moving it from a shelf to another.
You can quit the auction because of the crash... but you will already have
all the data, offers, and hopefully ebay informations about how much
your car was priced BEFORE the crash. IF it arrived to 10K it means
there were people around the USA wanting it bad. So writing it off
would mean 10K to be paid to you. Insurance will rather pay a 4K repair,
and you'd get your car back. Ofcourse you'd need, probably, a good lawyer
supporting your claim, but it might be worth.

Am I sick or could it be a good idea?

Luca

"When the chosen people
 grew more strong,
 the rightful cause at length
 became the wrong." (John Dryden, Absalon and Achitophel)

937, '87 Alfa 75 Turbo, '90 Alfa 75 1.8ie, '75 Benelli 500 Quattro, RM250
http://members.xoom.it/nodoubt73