RE: Re: Ohm's Law

> At least I hope he was talking about grungy linkage from the
> motor to the
> wipers themselves.
> If not,......nevermind!
> B^P

For the record,

I was talking about both.  Thanks to everybody for the explanation of
Ohms law.  I should have know better..

Also for the record, I've had this same thing happen on more than one
Alfa I've owned.  My first course of action is to always check the
mechanical linkages.  However, I've had cases where I've done all that,
and fuses still blow.

In those cases, more than once, cleaning connections has done the trick.

For this, I think Paul Irvine might have hit the nail on the head.  No,
I'm probably not observing a violation of Ohms law (that was just a
joke!), but it does make sense that some of the oil, moisture, grime,
etc, is providing a path between the hot lead and ground.

At any rate, for the poster who initially raised the question, my advice
remains the same - clean and lube the mechanical linkages, and clean the
connections.  If the fuse still blows, post again - at that point you're
probably going to have to start tracking down a short.

bs