Symptoms of failed ECU in '85 Spider?

Jeff:

You say you checked ALL fuses, but does that include the one under the rear
parcel shelf for the fuel pump?  That fuse seems to be undersized, since the
common effect is for the fuse HOLDER to melt, which is what happened to me.
A paper clip got me home, a $5 plug-in circuit breaker made a good
replacement.  I've been told that this is a sign of fuel filters becoming
clogged; the pump has to work overtime under high-demand conditions, and the
fuse goes.

Good luck!

Jon
Edmonds, WA