Head Gasket R/R - follow up question

In a message dated 4/6/2003 12:38:49 AM Central Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2003 17:02:48 -0700
> From: Ken Tubman <ktubman@domain.elided>
> Subject: Re: Head Gasket R/R - follow up question

<snip>

> As a follow up - I have noticed there is sludge around the outside of the
> piston liners.  Some of it is like small gravel.  This is proving difficult
>
> to get out  Any suggestions?  Will it do any harm there?
> Ken Tubman
> ktubman@domain.elided

       Sounds like stop leak left overs.  Or mineral build up from using tap
(or worse, well) water.  The magnesium sacrificial anode drain plugs sold by
many suppliers also leave a terrible mess behind.  I have had to dig the
sacrificed material out with a screwdriver just to drain the anti freeze.

  Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City