Stuck gearbox

Hi all,

I'm experiencing a trouble on my 75 1.8IE.
From neutral, I got troubled putting 1st or reverse gear.
The 1st gear is just hard to shift in: I feel the shift knob
stuck, and gotta play with clutch and revs to get it in. OFten
pushing the knob hard.
The reverse is even worst: I don't feel any resistance, but I cannot
put it smoothly. The gears just scaps making a pretty bad gear
(they typical 2nd gear noise you know).
What could be wrong? Forks? Syncros? Or could it just be something
stuck on the shift knob thing ? I once experienced a shifting troubles
on a Lancia Prisma 1600 and it turned out to be some strange plastic
gasket somewhere in under the knob mechanism.
I got a meeting with the 75 Turbo this weekend, so I will eventually
call my mechanic on monday. Meanwhile... if somebody got any idea....

Thanx in advance
Luca

"When the chosen people
 grew more strong,
 the rightful cause at length
 became the wrong." (John Dryden, Absalon and Achitophel)

937, '87 Alfa 75 Turbo, '90 Alfa 75 1.8ie, '75 Benelli 500 Quattro, RM250
http://members.xoom.it/nodoubt73