Labor rates ... was it pays to shop around...

<but these days it seems like most
shops in the bay area are getting almost $100 an hour!
 i'm still well short of that, even as i add multiple
degrees (and debt).  harumph.>

Hmmm, this brings up an interesting question ... what is the going labor
rate at your favorite Alfa shop in various parts of the country?

I'm in New England, and am charging $65.00 per hour for most things these
days. I'm at the high end of the scale for an independent in this area,
however I am a good bit away from any of the major metropolitan areas where
things are bound to cost more.

Just curious.

Jeff