Re: it pays to shop around...

not a flame... but if you value your time at whatever
rate you typically earn, then the $400 stiffener is a
bargain.

on a side note/rant, i keep hoping that my hourly rate
will rise enough to exceed the going rate at repair
shops, which would sort of justify me becoming a
checkbook mechanic.  but these days it seems like most
shops in the bay area are getting almost $100 an hour!
 i'm still well short of that, even as i add multiple
degrees (and debt).  harumph.

cheers,
ian lomax
overeducated and underpayed in silicon valley... but
happy to be employed.