Harmonic Balancer/V6

Hello-

I know that my V6 has a counterweighted crank pulley, but a quick and
uneducated review of the literature suggests that some type of
concentric, elastic balancer would better reduce "crankshaft torsional
vibration."  Now, clearly, the Alfa V6 seems pretty smooth and not prone
to crankshaft failure, etc.  So what is the straight scoop?  Is the crank
pulley a true "harmonic balancer?"  Can the crankshaft be "internally
balanced" to improve anything?

Thanks,

Al