From: Overly,Edward A. [mailto:eoverly@domain.elided]
Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2003 1:32 PM
To: alfa-digest@domain.elided
Subject: holes in the muffler

My spider needs a new exhaust system.  I was reading Click and Clack this
weekend
and they were saying holes in the muffler could cause the valves to burn
due to not enough
back pressure:

http://cartalk.cars.com/Columns/latest.html

This got me to worrying about free flow exhausts and how extractor exhausts
work.
I suppose as long as the closest muffler to the engine is in good shape you
are ok-
i.e., you will have sufficient back pressure.