chassis stiffener

Mr. Shorey writes: "However, my subjective, seat of the pants assessment is
that a pre-75
Spider with a stiffener is stiffer than an 80's Spider with the factory
improvements."

Which leads to my question: What's the conventional wisdom on putting such a
device on a Series 3 Spider, such as my '89 Veloce? Worth the money/effort?
(I didn't spend enough on the Alfa last year. My wife uses zero-based
budgeting on my Alfa allowance at the end of every year. Use it or lose it.)

Mike Trimble
Denton, Tx
1989 Spider Veloce