Re: Verde stuck in first gear

I've seen this before . . . in a GTV.  Since the synchros in the Milano are the
same style as the GTV, the comparison is valid.  You've probably damaged the
synchro and sliding rings.  When forced, the ends of the spline will mushroom,
forming a burr.  If you manage to engage that gear, the burr works like the barb
on a fish hook . . . making it very difficult to disengage.  Put the rear axle
on jack stands and try disengaging first with the engine running and clutch
engaged.  Gently accelerate and decelerate while pulling on the shifter . . .
from inside the car!  Don't overdo it . . . or you'll bend the shift fork.

The only permanent solution is replacement of the damaged parts.

Regards,
Jim Steck